Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 2, 2012

Mod Podge Tile Coasters

I have officially made my own personal drink coasters! I had seen this idea all over the DIY/Craft category on Pinterest and had to try it. I made one set of four coasters and plan to make a second set pretty soon in a different pattern.

Very easy. All you need is a few 4"x4" tiles. I found mine at Home Depot. You will also need some felt or some of those little pads that you put on the bottom of furniture to prevent it from scraping the floor ( the proper name of those things has left me at the moment ). Other than that, all you need is a sponge brush, Mod Podge and some scrapbook paper in your favorite pattern! I did a little mix and match, and used two different patterns. One is plain and one is polka dot. You can see that in the photo!

Basically you just trace your tile on the scrapbook paper. Then, cut it out. Cutting it about 1/4" inside the line you traced will make it just right. Next, smear some Mod Podge on the under-side of your paper and smooth it onto one of your tiles. Smooth out any ripples that may appear. I let that layer dry, then painted over the top of the tile/paper with a coat of Mod Podge. I let this dry, then repeated. Let it dry again. Repeat again. I repeated this process 6 times, to be sure I had a nice finish.

All done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment