Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 26, 2011

Handmade Christmas gift for my Brother-in-law. Would also be wonderful as a Fathers Day gift!


I saw an idea for this on Pinterest and thought it was the sweetest thing ever. And I gave it to my brother-in-law yesterday and I think he almost cried because he loved it so much. It is so true too... "A dad is a son's first hero and a daughter's first love." How true and sweet!

I cut out the words with my Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The rest is so simple -- I purchased a 12"x12" frame at Michael's, where I also found a silver, glittery piece of cardstock for the background. The letters were cut out from blue, vinyl. And then I took two photos of my neice and nephew from my wedding and glued them on! I let it dry and placed it in the frame. Wrapped it up and it was a successful DIY gift with lots of meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment