Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2011

Personalized Monogram Letter

I bought a plain wooden letter "D" at Michael's a few months ago and have been trying to decide what to do with it. So the other evening I finally got to work! I decided to use two different scrapbook paper patterns/prints, along with a heavy dose of Mod Podge to decorate it.

Since the letter was plain white wood, I spray painted it a bronze metallic color first, so the edges of the letter wouldn't stand out so much like they would if they stayed white.

Items used in this project:
2- 12"x12" sheets of scrapbook paper
2- Decorative fabric flowers I found at Jo Ann's Fabric Store
Mod Podge
Foam Brush
Sparkly Ribbon I found on Christmas Clearance at Jo Ann's



All I did was trace my letter D onto both of my scrapbook paper sheets.

I placed one color on top of my letter and used Mod Podge to secure. I coated both underneath and top of the letter and let dry for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I decided I would only use my second color on the very top and bottom parts of the letter. I cut out how much i wanted and positioned them, then secured with Mod Podge. Again, I coated the underneath and the top with Mod Podge. Let dry for another 20 minutes. There are SO many different ways you could decorate your letter!

To conceal the places where my two colors meet, I secured a piece of sparkly ribbon over of these places. To my surprise, after securing with Mod Podge and letting it dry, the glittery ribbon still had its sparkle!

Then I attached two cute fabric flowers. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment