Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wall Decor Tiles "LOVE"



These were a spur of the moment idea! I found the small 4"x4" wooden blocks at Michaels Craft Store and had a totally different intention for them, but that didn't work.

I spray painted them white and decides to make them a decoration for the wall.

All I did was cut out 4- 4"x4" pieces of scrapbook paper. I used fun, funky animal prints in black and white. I love animal prints.

I coated the back of the papers with Mod Podge and pasted them onto my little blocks. Then I coated the top with Mod Podge and let that dry, repeating about three times.

I used my Cricut and my Jasmine font cartridge for my letters. I needed a four letter word, because I only had four blocks! So I went with "LOVE." I cut out the letters using my machine in a hot pink colored paper. From the same cartridge, I also cut out some diamond and star shapes. I used blue for the diamonds.

I positioned all shapes and letters how I wanted and used Mod Podge to secure! Let those dry awhile and attach some picture hangers for the wall on the back. Then what better place to hang them up, but on a wall with some wedding photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment