Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Button Christmas Tree!

I found the idea for this on Pinterest. The idea I saw had this done inside a frame, but I used a canvas instead.

All I used for this project was a 12x12 canvas, yellow acrylic paint, glitter acrylic paint, paint brush, a variety of green buttons, hot glue gun, a piece of red felt and a cute pack of Christmas gift foam stickers that I found at Michael's.

First, paint your canvas with the acrylic yellow paint. This just creates a pretty backdrop for your tree.

Let that dry completely.

Add a thin layer of the clear glitter acrylic paint on top of the yellow.

Let that dry.

Heat up your hot glue gun.

Cut a circle out of the red felt. This will be your tree skirt. Glue it near the bottom of the canvas.

Then arrange your green buttons on the canvas to see what tree pattern you will use when you begin gluing them on.

Once you decide on a pattern, take the buttons back off. Then you can begin gluing them back on, one by one. You can layer them for a more dimensional look. I have buttons on top of other buttons in some places to fill in any gaps.

Let it dry.

You can add beads or anything else for ornaments. I haven't done this step yet, but plan on it.

Display and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment