Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 28, 2011

Handmade Christmas Wreath!









So, I made a pretty awesome wreath for my door to display during the holiday season.

I got my inspiration from Pinterest of course, but the example that gave me the idea was a mixture of different greens. I wanted to add more dimension to my wreath.

All of you need for this project is:
-A few hours of spare time, depending how quick you are at wrapping yarn around styrofoam balls.
-15 to 20 various sized styrofoam balls
-Red, green and white yarn
-18" wire wreath
-Floral wire
-Christmas tree garland

I was able to find all of my items at Michael's craft store, minus the garland which I already had!
1. Start by wrapping all of your styrofoam balls in varying colors of yarn. Sit them on the wreath frame as you go so that you will know when you have enough.
2. Attach the styrofoam balls onto the wire wreath frame using the floral wire.
3. Loosely wrap the garland (optional) around your wrapped styrofoam balls to add a little something extra. It will also help to fill in any gaps you may have between the styrofoam balls.
3. Hang on your door - you just made your very own wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment